Monday, August 4, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone?

I can't believe we are already into the month of August. So strange how time flies. July was a blur and so now that August is a little more clear, I can try my best to get us up to date.

We had such a wonderful month full of travel plans, fireworks, family and friends. I think it could go down as one of my favorite July's on record. So here are a few of the details I have yet to post about July.

Starting with...


The beautiful Sun Valley. We had such a great time: great hikes, great bike rides, great swimming, great weather, great food and great company. I hated to leave really. Here are some of the highlights.

High on a mountain top. Took a ski lift to get there, a little unnerving with a two-year-old.


Paddle boats.

Fun friends, Rex and Lucy.


One of the sure tops of the trip, ice skating on the fun outdoor rink. Thank goodness we had a professional on hand. Brooks got a mini lesson from sweet Macy.

Who's that handsome guy?



Ending with JULY 24TH!

This was such a fun holiday and I am pretty sure I thought of my pioneer ancestors at some point. I think they would be happy to know of all the fun we had in honor of them.

First off, the kids parade and neighborhood party.
Brooks rode with a sweet pioneer neighbor named Xandy. He had the parade thing down, waves and all. The festivities included face painting, watermelon eating contests, snow cones and an awesome D.J. We all picked up some new moves.





Then the firemen came and it was time to get wet. They turned on the hoses and Brooks was in heaven! Brooks got to hang out in the drivers seat and even spray the fire hose. Such a great morning. I loved it!



I really felt so lucky to live here so that we were able to join in the celebration. Such a fun time for all.

6 comments:

j and k said...

WHat a darling little family! Seriously, a bunch of lookers. Bryan is so thin! He was never big, but man he's lookin good! You look beautiful, as always and Brooks is getting so big. I'm glad you're having a fun summer!

Fancy Nancy said...

Sun Valley is so magical! I am glad that you had such a great time. And Laird on holidays is so fun! Brooks looks so happy sitting in the fire truck. I too can't believe it is August, this Summer has cruised by...you guys look fabulous as always!

Jen said...

Your July was magical. I am so glad to see pictures. Your family looks so happy and tan. We miss you guys but glad you are so happy in your new spot in life. Sun Valley is gorgeous. I really need to get there some day!

Heather said...

it looks like you had so fun!! Seriously what a darling family you have!! I l o v e pioneer day in Utah as well. The parade is a little too long but, such a fun tradition!! :)

Raina said...

Why can't we celebrate pioneer day here? I'm pretty sure we could celebrate the Oregon Trail or something. Looks like you are having fun fun fun! The ice skating and the chair lift would FREAK me out! You are a brave mom. :D

Kerstin said...

love your little Brooks. I am so sad we missed out on Sun Valley. Let's do it next year.

my sunshine