Monday, July 28, 2008

The Misadventures of Me!

Saturday I was so excited to take a ride with my fam on my shiny new bike.




Departure time was early, but we were rearin' and ready to go. All aboard Amma and Pappa's car, bikes in tow, and off we go...errr, I accidentally just locked our keys in the house.

Quick change of plans. Hurry, and remove every screen on the windows, break and bend a few, whatever it takes to get in the house. Finally made it in, with a promise to hide a key for next time.





Pappa and I stop off for a quick donut my mom and I love. Ooops, they don't have them. Just buy the others. Just kidding, have the donuts, buy them both. Pappa thinks I am a royal dork!

Down to Provo we go. Up the trail for only minutes. My gears aren't shifting like they should. Finally find a few gears that work and we are OK. Bryan's brakes are struggling. Stop, fix, we are OK. Brooks having multiple meltdowns, already. The grapes are stuck in the pocket on the side of the trailer. Stop to help rescue the grapes.

Finally, we are really moving. Now more than halfway up the trail. Happy Brooks. . . Heavy Brooks. . . "Erin, you have a flat tire." Can I crawl in a cave, please?



Poor Pappa. Rides down the trail to find a patch and his pump. Poor Pappa. Rides back up the trail, fixes the flat, sweating like crazy. Oh, the forecast shows 101.

We continue on our ride up the trail, as far as we can go until we are stopped by the rangers. Fire. Back down the trail. The best part. Downhill the entire way, not a single stop.

Ends up being a great day. There is little more I could do to ruin it at this point. Finished the day at Red Robin, yum.

8 comments:

Phoebe said...

As long as the day ends at Red Robin, life is still good.
I do miss riding bikes. Although, not necessarily rides like that:)

Macy said...

What a day, Erin. You are a trooper.

Fancy Nancy said...

I love the way you wrote your account, hilarious! Some days definitely go smoother than others don't they? Still a great memory! And after all that, a fire?!!! Gees! I am seriously jealous of the red cruiser and burley...lucky you!!!!

Jen said...

Love the bike! Finally I get to see it! You are a trooper. I have always been impressed by that. It's one thing I am NOT, for sure. Why are you hauling Brooks, BTW? I mean, with big, strong, runner-boy Bryan there? Well, the donuts, downhill, and Red Robin stop make for a lovely day. I miss you!

Kristen said...

hmm, you should have come to the zoo with us...although, we didnt go to red robin afterwords..so you may have gotten the better end of the stick :) Sorry about your troubles..you are a trooper for sure!

Erin said...

I should clarify that my strapping husband can't attach the trailer to his bike as of yet. The attachment didn't arrive with the trailer. But, it really just goes to show who is the toughest one in this family!

j and k said...

Oh, what a day! But, you manage to always turn something into fun-positivity and all! I LOVE your bike!

Unknown said...

Sounds like quite the day! Glad that it all turned out and you got some good food out of it!

my sunshine