Saturday, July 12, 2008

Independence Day, Revisited.

I know it's a little past due, but we had such a wonderful time over the 4th of July, I had to get it in writing. This year we went with my family up to the condo at Wolf Creek. We stayed up there for the weekend and escaped some of the heat. We had such a great time with Amma and Papa, Paige and Mike. I will always remember this year.

We hit the festivities in Huntsville, and it was a hit! A darling small town parade; kids bike parade, a lama pulling a wagon, an entire brigade of vintage tractors and "happy 50th anniversary, Rob and Janet!" Can't get more Americana than that. Brooks loved it, especially the tractors.









The other highlights were the bike rides, swimming, movies, relaxing, a rousing game of scewie louie (thanks mom,) and my dads famous chocolate ice cream which is always a favorite.

But for Brooks there was nothing better than throwing rocks in the river, taking walks to collect rocks to throw in the river and watching the rocks in the river. Catch my drift? Pure heaven.



7 comments:

Macy said...

What darling photos, Erin. I love small town Fourth of July!!

j and k said...

So cute! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love the picture with Brooks' hat backwards. He is such a looker that boy!

Jen said...

Oh Brooks is just the cutest! I am missing him a ton. Does he even remember us anymore??? Your trip looks fun, I have spent many a year at the Huntsville festivities, don't ask me why, but they are so hometown, I just love them! Glad you had fun. Let's save your next trip for Portland.

Kristen said...

Adorable! The picture of Brian and brooks is really sweet..I love boys with their dads :)

lori morgan said...

It was the greatest holiday ever! Thanks for documenting it for all of us!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love the pictue of Brooks looking over the bridge, he is looking more and more like his dad everyday.

Fancy Nancy said...

So great to be with you! We miss you already!

my sunshine