Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Dreamed a Dream.



I have always dreamed about New York City. I have been fortunate to travel to enough places, but always hated that I had never been to New York. Maybe it's because I am quite sure that my real calling in life was to be on Broadway. Never mind the fact that I can't sing, I still think somehow I was born to see my name in lights. After a whirlwind trip with my friends, I am pretty sure that I did miss my calling. But I had the time of my life and can't wait to return.

I traveled to NY with some of my friends from Portland and Salt Lake. We met in the city bright and early and we didn't slow down until we returned back home. There are so many things to see and do and so many people to watch. It is a city full of stimulation. Maybe that's why we were able to go at it as hard as we did.

Anyway, some of my favorites memories were definitely: the food, Brooklyn Bridge, the pizza, Wicked, a minor mishap in the subway, searching for comfy shoes for our pregnant Jen, the food, the flowers at the Waldorf, the banana pudding at 1:00 a.m. from Magnolia's, the limo, church, the proud Puerto Ricans, Super Hero's, fights over our favorite celebs, the cute cabbie from Jersey (I should say nice,) the hustle and bustle, Soho, Greenwich Village, (next time more time here,) Diet Coke, Park Avenue, Ground Zero, the food and my friends.

Thanks, Ali, for helping me feel just like I was local and living the dream. And for showing us New York as it should be seen. Macy, thanks for the recommendations, I have never eaten so well in my life. I loved every minute of it (eating, that is.)Thanks, ladies, for a wonderful trip. I couldn't have asked for better company. And thanks to my parents and Bry for taking care of my baby so I could have this experience. Now when the Wicked auditions come around, you may need to be on call, again, but I don't think that will be for some time now, so rest easy.

Here are a few pics of what was the whirlwind in NYC.

Macy and I upon our arrival. Unfortunately, my eyes remained this puffy the entire trip.


We all stayed in our cozy room at the Waldorf Astoria. They were nice as can be...I'd definitely go back.

The famous frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity.


View from the Met. One of my favorite stops on the roof, overlooking Central Park.

The beautiful church we attended on the upper east side.

Wicked!


The Brooklyn Bridge is the oldest suspension bridge in the U.S. Still feels pretty sturdy. We walked over the bridge to the best pizza ever, Grimaldi's. This was such a highlight. Highly recommended.


The flowers at the Waldorf. The entire lobby smelled like these lilies. Beautiful.


Just walking around, we did that a lot!


Oh, I met the incocievable guy from Princess Bride. One of my favorite movies. As I was saying hello, the entire store stopped to listen. I surely made a fool of myself and my crimson face prooves it! He was nice.

These are a few of the picture I have. Nancy was the staff photographer and so I can't wait to see all that she captured.

What a trip.

14 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for inviting me to share your dream with you! You would be great on Broadway.....watch out! I think you could be the next Glinda,( the Ga is silent!)! I am still dragging, but loving sharing the stories with anyone who will listen.

Jim said...

That looks like so much fun! Good for you ladies for taking the "Girls only" trip. Awesome!

Fancy Nancy said...

Diddo! Diddo! Diddo! Thanks to you for making all of this happen! You have a special talent of planning things and getting them done right! Just waiting for what you are planning next..... Great re-cap!

cryssal said...

Wow! That all looks amazing! Now you can all say remember when....

Phoebe said...

I seriously can't stop thinking about it. I even dreamed about being there the other night. When can we go again? I think there are a few stores left that we didn't hit!

Macy said...

cute post ,Erin. It was a great trip! Thanks for including your little SLC friend.

Kristen said...

awesome post Erin! I cant beleive you had a brush with celebrity..and cant wait to hear more about it, that last picture is so cute, I just love your smile in it :) What a fantastic trip, love the pics, love the story, love you!!

Heather said...

How fun.. I'm soooo jealous! That is my dream as well. I hope to get there soon! What great pictures!
It really does look amazing! I need one of those frozen hot chocolates!

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

I am so jealous! When can you go back? Next month? Anyway, you're face really isn't THAT red! :) I am glad you had an AWESOME time! Love ya!

lori morgan said...

The pictures are the finest! Thanks for letting us see NYC through your eyes. What darling friends you have . . . Love, Amma

The Back Row Pew said...

Erin
I have loved hearing about your trip. Darling photos ! I didn't hear the story about "Inconcievable" guy. Impressive !! Love, the other Amma

Kerstin said...

What a fun trip!! I think Wicked is coming to Salt Lake- you should try out. I would definitely go see you.

Unknown said...

Erin, looks like you had a lot of fun! P went there on his mission so we go back there once or twice a year - we love it!! The pizza is the best huh?!

Babs said...

Erin! I found your blog by happy accident. I knew Nancy Orme went to NY but I didn't know ALL my Nursery Moms went too. Looks like a FABULOUS trip! We all miss you guys so much. Hillary will never get over you leaving. She heads to BYU in Fall (she got a full tuition scholarship!), so she can come visit her FAVORITE YW leader! Hope all is going well for you in your new home. Brooks has grown up so much - he is ADORABLE! Take care - Much love, Barbie Ott

my sunshine