Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sure Signs of Spring. . .

. . .finally.

I can't get enough of the sweet smells and the barely buds on the trees in my backyard. It has been so fun to see things come to life. I think I have personally willed the green right out of the trees. Never have I been so anxious for spring. Every day I would walk outside in search of signs, even in the snow, and now that it has begun, it can't grow fast enough. Isn't it amazing that the plants and the grass just know that it's time to grow? What a miracle of life. So glad it's finally here.



Isn't there something magical about sprinklers?




This is Brooks' "happy face" as evidenced by the mix of dirt and chocolate around his chin.

By the way, are any of you familiar with the song "Wick" from Secret Garden? That is what's playing through my head right now as it write this post. If not, check it out on iTunes. I can't think of a more appropriate song for the season.

9 comments:

Macy said...

Oh, I love the Secret Garden musical, and yes that song will always remind me of you. Thank goodness for spring. I love this neighborhood in the spring too...can't get enough of it. Cute pics of Brooksie too. What a dollface.

Raina said...

Look at that cute smile Brooks has!!! And, yes... i can watch those silly sprinklers for hours! Too cute!

Kristen said...

Ditto Erin, I feel the same, I love it. What darling pics of brooks, I love how he is watching the sprinkers...is that your neighbors yard by chance? :) Cant wait to see him! *and you too of course :)*

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

"When a thing is wick it has a life about it..." gee thanks, now that is stuck in my head, although it could always be worse. HAPPY SPRING!

Jen said...

Your neighbor has a way cooler yard than you. Are they also the ones with the awesome rooster? You guys should probably build a sandbox so you can keep Brooks from running away to live with them. I am lame, and don't know that musical, so I will look it up, and PLEASE give that sweet boy a kiss and tell him we miss him SO MUCH.

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Great photos, Erin. I love Spring too, and also love that song. Most of all, Brooksy's wanderlust is so perfectly represented in that picture of looking through the fence, it just kills me. What a great guy.

j and k said...

I LOVE that song! You, my dear, have fine taste in music. Now all I need to do is to hear you sing Moulin Rouge and I'm a happy camper. What a great picture of Brooksie! What a smile! He's so wonderful. I miss you guys and I'm glad you're getting a bit of spring in your neck of the woods!

Unknown said...

I feel like I live in the secret garden, I just wish I knew if the plants in my yard were wick, I need Dickon to come teach me. My favorite song is Winters on the Wing, so exciting! Yeah for spring! Brooks is so cute, I love that toothy smile!

Barney Family said...

Erin, I finally have tracked you down through the world of blogging. I haven't talked with you since we all parted our ways in Utah. Many of the Spanish Fork cheerleaders have asked where you were and what you were doing. It is so fun to see your little family. It will be fun to see everyone in a couple of weeks.

Kellie

my sunshine