Monday, June 23, 2008

I Am So Proud!


This past weekend, Bry and his friends ran the Wasatch Back. A relay race from Logan to Park City. They ran about 150 miles starting Friday running throughout the night until Saturday afternoon. They all did a great job.

I am so proud of Bryan for taking it so seriously. I should note that Bryan isn't a regular runner, but he had a goal and he accomplished it, despite injuries along the way. He trained for months leading up to the race, even lost 10 lbs. in the process. . . not that he had any weight to loose.

It was so fun to watch all of you guys have such a great time together.

Here's to next year. Way to go Bry, way to go team Rohief Constitution(don't ask!)




7 comments:

Fancy Nancy said...

Great job Bryan! And way to go team Rohief Constitution! I did notice the Grizzly Adams beard requirement... who knew Bryan could grow in such a nice beard. This inspires me to want to do the Wasatch relay, any takers?

Kristen said...

way to go Bryan! That is such a cool accomplishment! And the beard, I just dont think there is anything he cant pull off, it looks great :)!

Bryan said...

I'm blushing, or is it my red beard? Not sure. The race was a great experience. My favorite leg was a 4 mile uphill run at 1:00 AM. I'm already looking forward to next years' race. The race was actually 180 miles and I've tried to get Erin to revise her post. We need all the credit we can get. Unfortunately, the end of the race signals the end of my beard, until next year. I must pay tribute to my wonderful and patient wife for enduring many, many hours of training and complaining. She will understand better when she trains for the race next year.

Raina said...

Way to go!!! That is seriously impressive, as is the beard. I have a hard time jogging to my car dodging the "ify" weather (sea level mind you).. none the less running something like THIS (in the wasatch MOUNTAINS?!) Way to go!

Jen said...

Yay for Bry! Way to go! Those pictures are so fun, too. I guess I have to comment on the beard, too, huh? Jon will attest that I have always been a fan of facial hair, so I honestly love it. I think I am game for the run and the beard growing again next year. For YOU that is!

Kerstin said...

I am so proud too! Nice job Bryan. Erin it sounds like the boys are trying to include the girls for next year?! I better start training now if that is the case.

Unknown said...

Running is Brave, but running in the middle of the night through Wasatch is also very brave. Way to go!

my sunshine