Monday, June 23, 2008

While the Cats Away.

The mice will play and play we did. While Bryan was running the grueling race in the scorching heat we had a pretty great weekend full of fun and adventure.

On Friday, I got to go to lunch with a bunch of ladies that I cheered with at UVSC. It has been 10 years since we have all been together. I can't believe how time flies. It was so fun to see everyone and reconnect. Hopefully it won't be another 10 years until we get to see each other again!


Niki, Tracy, Natalie (our fearless leader and incredible coach,) Heather, Jeannette, Kellie and myself. Sadly, we were missing a few, maybe next time. Thanks for a great lunch ladies.

Then I was off to pick up my baby boy Brooks. My wonderful mom was watching him and when I got to her house she was serving popsicles to the darling neighbor kids, Brooks' friends, Jack and Ella. They were running through the sprinklers having a great time. We were visiting with their parents, when I got a phone call that Bryan's team was running faster than expected. So we piled in the car and my mom and Brooks and I drove to Eden to see Bryan run part of his race. Unfortunately, this is how Brooks cheered on his daddy...


So, my mom and I shouted a couple of wahoos and took some photos and we were headed back to Kaysville to pay a visit to a special friend, aunt Debbie (pronounced Deebie according to Brooks.) Debbie was in a horrible accident a couple of months ago and she is recovering so well. She looks great and is getting around almost as if nothing has happened. I was amazed. We had a terrific visit. Debbie has the most incredible backyard. And after we left, Brooks said how much fun he had at the park. I think you can see why.










We are so happy that Debbie is doing well, we all love her dearly. She is proof that miracles do happen. What a wonderful eveining it was!

After all the fun on Friday, Brooks and I were pooped so we plopped in a couple of beds at my moms and had a sleepover with Amma and Papa. The next morning, we got up and drove to Park City where we hung out waiting for Bry's team to cross the finish line. They came across after a short time waiting and we drove home to let Bryan sleep. But the party wasn't over.

We then went to Thanksgiving Point. My moms friend is a sculptor and she was featured in an art exhibit in the gardens. It was beautiful. There was so much to look at and explore, Brooks had a splendid time.


Brooks and uncle Mike B.


Brooks and Papa


By the end of the night, we were all exhausted and ready for rest. Amma and Papa were such troopers and traveled all around the town with us all weekend. Luckily, at our house, we had a lazy Sunday full of recovery for all. We definitely needed it. But it was all so much fun!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Brooks is looking so big! I love the last picture of him looking at the water! So cute! It sounds like you had a great weekend, and you are so lucky to have a nice Amma and Papa at your disposal. I am sure they are in heaven to have you around. OK, now I am awaiting pictures of your new bike!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fun and busy weekend! I agree 10 years was way too long to get together again, lets make it sooner next time!

Emily said...

Erin,

I am so sad that I didn't make it to the UVSC cheer reunion. You look so great! I hope we can do it again soon. We really need to get together :)

Emily

Fancy Nancy said...

This is what Summer is all about! Fun! Great weekend! Brooks looks like he is having the time of his life.... his darling little smile never leaves his sweet face. That is how it should be!!!!

j and k said...

And, play you did! So so so so cute! What a darling family! Your parents are just out of this world, too. Tell Bry we are majorly proud of him! We miss and love you all!

my sunshine