Monday, October 1, 2007

Remember the sun?

One might find it hard to believe, but not too long ago, we had sunshine! You wouldn't know it if you looked out the window today. It has been raining now for the last few days and I know it's just beginning. But, I actually love the rain. Long before I moved to Oregon, a rainy day was one of my most favorite things. You'll be glad to know it still it. I guess too much of a good thing can help you appreciate those days with sun, however.



While the sun was shining, we did so many great things. A couple of weeks ago we went to the beach. It was such a great day for our little family of three. Brooks couldn't have loved it more. He ran straight toward the water but then, he just kept running. Into the waves he went squealing along the entire way. It was freezing, but he didn't seem to notice. He was wet from head to toe in a matter of minutes. He loved it and would have stayed in the water all day. But, my legs were definitely numb and frostbite was beginning to set in. We had to introduce him to the fun to be had in the sand. We were eventually successful and finally, he realized all of the great fun the beach can bring. We had a blast running on the beach chasing a particular two-year-old, playing in the water, running on the beach, playing in the sand, running on the beach ... get the picture? Needless to say, Brooks was so sad when the day came to an end, many hours after arriving. He cried to the car and then, I think he had the best sleep of his life.



A wonderful day. One to remember always.






4 comments:

Kristen said...

What a sweet boy, I love these pictures! Im glad you finally made it out :) Isnt it funny that you will probely visit the Oregon coast more when you dont live here than when you do? Its just one of those things :)

Jen said...

Those pictures are so cute! What a cute family. Did I mention that you just absolutely CAN'T leave us?

cryssal said...

Looks like a ton o' fun! That is always on our "to do" list when we o to Oregon!

Phoebe said...

The sun? They have that here?
I am glad you got a sunny day on the coast. Fun!

my sunshine