Monday, October 15, 2007

Our Very Favorite Play Date!


We had some very special visitors last weekend. Omma and Papa came to play. We had such a wonderful time and Brooks can't stop talking about it. He is still greeting everyone he sees with "Omma, odoowa," and "Papa odoowa." For those who don't know...odoowa is Brooks for airplane. My sweet visiting teacher kept trying to tell me he was really saying agua. Unfortunately, I know my Brooks and he doesn't 'speaka the Spanish.' I wish he were bilingual, it was sweet.

Anyway, back to business. We had a wonderful time with my parents and what's best of all is that they require zero entertaining. I think we would all be content to watch Brooks and hang out and chat all day and night, which we did. We did need occasional sustenance so trips to the Pancake House and The Creamery were in order. Papa can't pass up the huckleberry and I can't blame him.


Brooks didn't stop running and skipping the entire weekend. He woke up asking for papa every morning and couldn't believe it when he was really there! The weather worked out great. We were able to go to the zoo. It was so much fun. Brooks is now obsessed with the "zeba's" and he shared some tender times with the orangutan. It was great. And I was so glad my mom and dad got to see it.



I can't believe how quickly time passes when you are having fun. And fun it was, so much so that I didn't even realize that our time was ending. I was sure we got to share another day. I was so sad to see them go. I always am. We look so forward to them coming and it just never seems long enough.

Thanks for a great weekend. We love you Omma and Papa.

6 comments:

Fancy Nancy said...

Thanks for updating your blog! Omma and Papa look awesome. Diddo on how you feel when they leave! Glad they could come and see Brooksie!

Kristen said...

What fun! I am sure they are equally as sad to leave!

Jen said...

Can I please just adopt Omma and Papa? They are so great! It is so great that they got to visit you one last time..........please don't leave us..........

Phoebe said...

So fun for you to move closer to them. I am jealous!

Macy said...

What a fun trip for Lori and Ray, and for Brooks. So cute!! I wish I was at the Pancake house with you....yum yum!!

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

So I am thinking that the pic of Brooks and Dad, our dad, so Papa, is the cutest thing on the planet. I think that one needs to be framed. Love ya!

my sunshine