Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Fun Fall Treat

Here is a little treat to dip or drizzle...you decide.

Yummy Caramel Sauce

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 C sugar
1 Tbls. brown sugar
1/4 C dark corn syrup
2 Tbls. butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 C walnuts (optional)

Just cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Don't over cook.

I usually cut up apples or bananas and have a little snack while enjoying The Bachelor or other such quality shows. For a fancier affair try over apple or pumpkin pie, or with peaches and ice cream. Try it with anything you wish, these are just a few of my faves.

After today however, I wouldn't recommend as a hair gel. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I prefer to dip...maybe thats because I am one :) So yummy..I love your carmel dip!! thank you for sharing!!!

Jen said...

Let me guess, Brooksy thought it might make cool dinosaur spikeys?

Erin said...

It would have made for a great photo. Picture a super sticky mad scientist. Ahhhh, my Brooksy.

Macy said...

mmmmm. Sounds so yummy Erin. I will have to try this one.

The McClellan Clan said...

mmmmmm...... sounds so good!! You always had the best recipes. Love it!!!! I forgot we used to get together and watch the bachelor. Oh, its making me miss you all and all your fun times even more!!!

my sunshine