Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Time To Write

I realize that it has been a while since I have posted anything on the blog. I keep trying to think of something worth while to post, and nothing comes to mind. Maybe the gray weather, maybe the Oprah on autism, but today I am feeling a little sad.

It seems there has been only one thing on my mind, and I am reminded every time I come and go. It's the silly sign in front of our house. I am not as concerned as I probably should be that there isn't a sold sticker posted to the front. I am instead reminded that as each day passes, our time here gets inevitably shorter.

We have been so very blessed to have lived here for the past six years. We have truly lived in the most beautiful place. Maybe I am getting a little taste of what it must have been like for Eve to have left her lovely garden. And we have made tremendous relationships with the worlds most wonderful people (a saving grace to know they are relationships that will last a lifetime.)

Saving graces or not, I am sad to go. I know that a grand adventure awaits. An adventure that includes Amma and Papa (which Brooks says at least 27,000 times a day,) a great job, aunts uncles and cousins and more great friends, but still, today I am feeling a little sad.

So I have decided to list five things that are great about today. I'm done being a downer, my blog is titled My Sunshine after all.

1. Last night we got to talk to my brother Trent who is flying to serve in the Philippines. He was excited and nervous but sounded so great. I can't wait to hear from him. I love Trent! (I know it's last night, but I am counting it.)
2. Brooks has been an absolute charmer today. He just keeps chatting and chatting and using his hands to tell me all. I love him too!
3. Just got a new book to read, I Capture the Castle, so excited. Only on page 6, though.
4. We showed our house this afternoon so my house, for the minute, is really clean.
5. Brooks and I went to the store and I found a box of mini Charleston Chews. They are in the fridge for later (OK, I already snatched a few) I like 'em good and cold.

So there you have it. Lake Oswego, I love you all.

15 comments:

Jen said...

I'm crying about you leaving for the second time today. Don't go! Amma and Papa are too lucky to have you soon, and we are the left behinds who will never forget life with the Masseys!

Kristen said...

What a touching email..I love that about you. You always can take something sad and turn it into something positive. What will happen when that sold sign is out there...how are you gonna make that positive for us left behinds,,huh..huh ? :) Watch out Utah..here come the Masseys !

Kristen said...

p.s. I meant to say what a touching "post" what a dork
I can be

cryssal said...

I am even going to miss you and I am not even there. You will just have to be our "Pit Stop" house on our way through Utah!

j and k said...

Way to make me cry! You don't know that I cry about you leaving every time I freakin think of it! Erin, what will we do without you? I love you!

Fancy Nancy said...

I really am going to dig that #$*% sign out!!! I can't talk about your move, I get way too sad and tear up. It has been such a blessing to have you around the corner.... We just need to live it up while you are here! I'll have to deal with the actual moving part later...

Phoebe said...

So does this mean that all of the rest of us have to post about 5 positive things since we are so devastated about you leaving, too?

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

So, yeah. I thought I would let you know how excited I am, and everyone else who has been waiting for you to come back now for for what seems like 80 years. I am sad for you (Erin and B-mass) that you are leaving such a wonderful place and such wonderful friends. Thank you all for being incredible friends to Erin and Bryan and for taking such good care of them. It is comforting to know that they have been taken care of, but I am so excited to have my best friend back. Love you!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Erin,
What a sweet, great post. I definitely know how it is to leave a place you love so much. You live in such a great place... I am actually sad you won't be there for me to come visit Portland again. But, I get you here in Utah, and the Bell family is so excited about that.
love, Macy
Here is to new adventures!!!

lori morgan said...

Finally checkec your latest post, and I'm crying, too, along with all of your loved ones. You've been truly blessed, Erin. You'll be visiting "Lake-Oswega" often . . . and we'll come, too.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan said...

I say good riddance to Lake Oswego and its cold, wet winters. Oh, and also to its awesome summers/spring/fall, beautiful green/lush surroundings, wonderful ward, great friends, close parks and walking trails, excellent location, superb schools, lack of sales tax, closeness to the beach, assisted gas fill-ups, swim park, $30 vehicle registration fees, and (most importantly) good riddance to its second-to-none golf courses. Seriously, I'm surprised more people aren't leaving Lake Oswego--what a terrible place to live.

Mandy said...

I'm serious about the proposition of starting a garage band next door for every time your realtor shows the house. That and leaving a few beer cans on the sidewalk should do the trick. Maybe Phoebe would let us park the Malibu on the lawn across the street.

Erin said...

Thanks for all of your kind words. Bryan, especially you. You know just how to make a girl feel better!

Raina said...

I am a little late to comment here, but I read this, and my heart just sank. I'm all for helping with the garage band, and parking the malibu out front. I think if we can keep you here we'd all be better off. We love you guys!

my sunshine