Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's a bird. It's a plane...



No. It's my husband trying to hurt himself.


We had a great day at the lake on Saturday. It was a surprise birthday party for our friend, Nancy who is turning 30, yikes! It's hard to believe we actually have friends that old. Anyway, after a wonderful lunch, a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake and some great gag gifts, a diving contest ensued. Not sure if Bryan was the winner, but we must applaud a fantastic effort. Have you ever seen such form? Don't worry, no one was hurt.


Brooks loves to run on the docks, so we do too!


Little known fact, Nancy's arms are taller than she is. This monkey seemed appropriate.


Happy Birthday Nancy, thanks for a great day.



7 comments:

Fancy Nancy said...

Hilarious!!! A day I will always remember- Bryan's suicide dive is the best picture I have ever seen! Totally describes the diving contest... a lot of form, major competition and some sore bodies! Thanks for everything and keeping it such a surprise....

Bryan said...

The form isn't my best. Unfortunately, I experienced a slight updraft on my right side in mid-flight, which forced me out of exactly parallel with the water. Otherwise, this dive would have easily given me the gold--blasted updraft.

Macy said...

Looks like so much fun! Cute pics guys. So , now we know where Brooks gets his gutsy drive, all the jumping, falling, etc.

Erin said...

Macy, you are brilliant. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had been so worried about Brooks's clumsy ways, but it all makes sense now. We have Bryan to thank for that!

lori morgan said...

What a great party! And a great dive, Bryan! How many folks can actually post a home picture from an actual DOCK! Happy Birthday, Nancy. Thanks for sharing with all of us in Utah . . .

Erin said...

Wow! A post by Lori Jo. I feel pretty proud. Happy day, thanks mom.

Kristen said...

Great form Bryan! We were thinking you would have to be pretty sore after that! Looks like a FUN afternoon!! Thanks for sharing the picture, its a goodie!

my sunshine