Thursday, August 23, 2007

What a Gas, At the Zoo!

"Someone told me its all happening at the zoo.

I do believe it, I do believe its true."


I have sung that Simon and Garfunkel song as long as I can remember and cannot make a trip to the zoo without singing it secretly in my head, or sometimes loud for all to hear (only if you're lucky.) So ever since we visited the Portland zoo last Friday, that song has been running circles in my mind.


It was all happening at the zoo. We went with fun friends and it was great. Unfortunately it wasn't Brooks's best effort. I think he had been sprouting some teeth all week and was still a bit off his game. However, every so often I would hear a little roar coming up from the stroller right below me that let me know he was paying attention to the bears and tigers and such.


Unfortunately, in my frenzy to get out the door, I forgot my camera. Luckily Kristen brought hers and was kind enough to snap some shots. I think next time I'll leave it home on purpose. Thanks for the pics Kristen, I love them.

Kristen, Moses, Olivia and Bella. Jen, Max and Molly, and Brooks and I round out the bunch.
The highlight of the zoo for Brooks was the saloon-like section, sounds weird, I know, but it was a big old house with ducks and chickens around it, goats and sheep to pet and best of all, a huge porch that the kids could run on. Brooks loved it and the kids could have stayed there all day. They just giggled and giggled and when the zoo train went by, squeals galore! Then we were into a chugga-chugga choo-choo fit. It was darling. Brooks has been really into choo-chooing ever since. Who knew that's what we would learn at the zoo?

I think this is pretty darn sweet. Thanks again Kristen.

10 comments:

Jen said...

Well, if you loved us so much, you would not leave us.

Kristen said...

We will have to make a trip every time you come back and visit..next time however, I expect to hear the song.

Macy said...

What darling pictures, Kristen. You all look darling. I wish I was at the Portland zoo with you.

Erin said...

Are any of you familiar with the song? I sang the entire thing for Bry last night, and nope, hasn't heard it.

Kristen said...

I havnt heard it..but then again, I dont know any songs by simon and garfunkel...im impressed you do..how eclectic is your musical memoir!

Macy said...

Actually, Ryan just wanted me to compliment you on the song, he looooves it too!! You guys always had the same taste in music.

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

Heck Yes I have heard that song! Thanks, though, now it will be stuck in my head all day. Next summer, we will sing it at Hogle Zoo! Yeah! Can't wait, love you and miss you all.

Erin said...

Of course, Ryan Bell knows my song. Bry feels pretty bad and left our, as he should. And Paige, that's a given. I think we have mom and dad to thank for a lot of the songs twirling round in our heads. For the rest of you, we'll have a re-release party and catch you all up to speed.

Phoebe said...

Kristen, How do you not know and Simon and Garfunkle songs? I will have to educate you on a few!
I love the zoo, but I hate those killer hills.

Dani said...

Hi Erin and Bryan!! I happened across your blog via the Austad's blog. Random, I know. Anyway, I thought this was a different Erin, but it was great to see your little boy. What a cutie! I was just in Utah and thought about you and Bryan and what you all were doing. Nice to see your still alive and doing well :)

my sunshine