Monday, July 30, 2007

The Three-Eyed Monster

I tell you the tale of a boy named Brooks
Who loved to run and climb.
Somehow when he did, this clumsy kid
Found danger every time.


While at a friends, he found some stairs
I soon heard screams and cries...
My baby boy was now
A friendly monster with three eyes!




















It's been a rough week for Brooks. Now soon after his incident with the stairs, he had another encounter with a bird bath in the back yard. Lately, it seems that if there is anything he could possibly trip and fall on, he'll find it. And he did! He definitely took a tumble and on his way down crashed into the bird bath, resulting in a cut just under his eye. It started to swell pretty quickly. I was absolutely sick. It hadn't even been a week since the previous face injury. Find it hard to believe? Here's the proof.






The morning after this photo was taken, I walked into his room and screamed. His eye had nearly swollen shut over night.

The very same Saturday we took Brooks to the park. A darling older couple were giving Brooks all the attention he deserved, and so much more, when he decided to show them how fast he could run. He did run fast, way too fast and...he fell on his face. I think he tried to put his hands down, they just weren't fast enough. So just as the scabs were falling off the other two injuries, he added another (sorry no pics, far too ashamed.) They say bad things come in three's and believe me, I hope they're right. Unfortunately, I am sure this won't be the end of our woes, but I hope he has a chance to heal so that the checker at Albertson's and his nursery leader don't have to be suspicious.



We still love you, Brooks bumps, bruises and all.

5 comments:

Macy said...

So cute. I think this is just the life of little boys. Luckily it doesn't seem to be bothering him much anymore. He is still a darling!

Kristen said...

Love it! He is simply the cutest 3 eyed monster I have seen!! And I love your poem...can you teach me how to be so witty?? :)

Phoebe said...

Oooh, its' not too bad, every kid has to do it at some point. And he looks so happy in all of the pics, so it must not have traumatized him TOO much!

j and k said...

You know what? Bumps and bruises, shades of black and blue, whatever it might be-it looks good on him! It's hard to make a baby Gap model look bad! He's way too cute!

Jen said...

Molly loves him still, scars and all. Nothing will ever keep her from her Brooksy.

my sunshine