Friday, July 20, 2007

An Afternoon Adventure

We got off to a rough start. We woke up yesterday to more rain. It's July 19th, for Pete's sake, and I am ready for sun. It's been raining all week. Despite the wet weather, I was determined to have a great day. And a great day it was.

After his nap, Brooks woke up in a fine mood and off we went for an afternoon adventure. Started out at Baskin Robbins. Mint Chocolate chip did just the trick. The two of us sat in the ice cream shop all alone and boy did we enjoy our ice cream. Then off to the car wash, Brooks loves it. And to finish off, a stop at the park to swing and "sly?" (slide, said like a question.) It had finally stopped raining!


Brooks and I had a marvelous time and I was lucky to have left the camera in my purse and was able to snap some shots. He could have stayed all night, but after a while we stomped our way back to the car, roaring like dinosaurs. He is definitely my sunshine on these oh so rainy days.

I so loved our afternoon adventure and look forward to the many more to come.

6 comments:

Macy said...

Erin, I love your rainy day story. So cute. I so remember my life with one little boy. I loved our days out, just the two of us. I love what a little buddy Brooks is. And, I love that picture of him at the top with his mouth open. So fun!

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

Hey there! Just mom and I looking at the cutest thing we have EVER seen. Wish we could have been there too. Everything you have said is certainly journal worthy (mom speaking). Keep up the excellent work. Soon we will be reading these entries in the New York Times. You are wonderful and we love you all!

Raina said...

I'm so glad to see your cute blog! I love the first picture, and... I love the raging dinosaur when leaving the park. We get that often. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Jen said...

So cute. We love little Brooksy, especially little Molly (Massey).

Phoebe said...

When is the sun going to come out? I feel your pain.

Phoebe said...

PS when did you sneak into the blogger world? I am glad you joined the craze!

my sunshine