Monday, November 10, 2008

Fields of Gold


Well, we have finally returned to fall and I am so glad. I wasn't quite ready for the snow, though I know it will be coming soon. We have been so lucky to have had such a beautiful, warm autumn. I suppose I want to bask in it's red and gold glory just a little longer.

The leaves have created hours of entertainment, not to mention hours of hard work. But for some reason, raking leaves seems more a form of fun than a chore.



And while we are in full autumn glory, I would kill myself if I didn't post more of our October fun...we visited only the coolest pumpkin patch ever. Complete with huge slides, a little tractor train that takes you right through the corn maze, pig races, a bonfire, the actual navigating of the corn maze (not that awesome) and of course, pumpkins. We had a great time with Amma and Papa.

We also went to the farm with Brooks' Joy School class. He loves his little classmates and we even got to have Lucy and Charlotte with us on this outing. It was so much fun, tractor rides, feeding the gees and brand new piglets. Pretty cute.





But now that October is behind us, I am moving forward into the "Holiday Season" and frankly, I couldn't be more excited. I am itching to get the tunes out and paint our house red and green. Here's to upcoming, colder adventures.

6 comments:

Aspen said...

I just love the picture of Brooks in the leaves smiling at the camera! WOW! He is going to break some girls hearts along the way! :) I'm glad the snow left you alone for a bit.

Rebecca said...

So so cute!

Kerstin said...

So I am totally breaking code and broke out the Christmas music today??!! I love that you guys are just around the corner from us.

Tiffany and Justin said...

oh my gosh erin he seriously is so adorable! Those pictures in the leaves look like they are out of a magazine or something! He is darling, and looks just like you so you know what that means!

Fancy Nancy said...

Such cute pics of Brooks! What a handsome boy, love the pic of Bryan throwing him in the leaves! He is fearless!

Jill said...

Erin -- I can't believe how much I can see "little Erin's" face in Brooks. He is adorable!! You, Paige and Mike used to be his age -- what is up with that?! Miss you and hope life is happy for you all.

my sunshine