Monday, April 7, 2008

Can You Dig It?



Well March came and went and I have no idea how it flew quite so fast, but we definitely kept busy, which certainly aided things along.

We had so much fun this past month. Two Grandpa's birthday (on the very same day.) Quite a few home projects. Easter. A lucheon with our friends from P-town and a sleepover with some of our most cherished people. Two dismal NCAA brackets. And we are still watching every tractor in town. Not to mention using every shovel in site. So here is a recap of the month that was March.

The Easter Egg Hunt.



The best family picture we could muster.


Our Easter prom.



Uhhh...Robin Eggs!


A few fun days with some favorite friends.


Brooks is growing up so fast. He is talking like crazy and I laugh so hard at him. He has grown into a such fun little friend. At lunch the other day, a lady nearby bent over to grab her purse. With her back to us, Brooks looked at me with big eyes, pointed to the ladies behind, and luckily, whispered, "bottom." He is curious as ever and very persistant, and we love him more and more every day.








As I think back on the last little while, I am reminded of the all fun we had and for some reason I can't stop thinking of all of our blessings. I am so happy to be feeling settled in our little house. And I am especially grateful for the blessing of my sweet family. I couldn't be happier and I certainly won't take that for granted.

12 comments:

Kristen said...

I most certainly CAN dig it, that Brooks is one cool dude! And I am loving all your family pics, so adorable and one dang good lookin family to boot! I am glad I got to be a little part of your March :)

j and k said...

I dig it! What great pictures! Your family is too cute for words. I LOVE your Easter outfits! Your skirt is fantabulous! LOVE IT! I also truly love Brooksies little hair net! He's so handsome, he even makes that attire look stylin!
Miss you terribly!!!!!

Kerstin said...

I love that we've been able to get to know Brooks- what a cute, cute kid. Wade and I still repeat his one liner from Spoon Me-- speaking of outside, "It's cold, cold, cold."

Erin said...

Kerstin, i would love to see you blog. Could I get an invite? Email me at bryanerinmassey@comcast.net

Macy said...

Sweet post, Erin, Darling pics too. I also love the skirt...so cute. We love having your little fam so close. What fun we have had already.

Phoebe said...

I can't believe it's April, either. Where does the time go? It looks like you guys are getting all settled in. I can't wait for more pics. Is Brooks' room done yet?

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

Just thought I would say hello and that it is about time for a new post. J/K! See you tomorrow!

Fancy Nancy said...

I dug it! It was so great to be with you guys for our extended stay! We loved being so close once again to you and little Brooks, and enjoyed seeing your beautiful house decorated perfectly!!! Loved the pics, especially the family Easter one. Family pictures are always so easy aren't they?! Cute skirt! Did the Easter bunny bring that?

Jen said...

Fun post! Little Brooks is a hilarious little guy who talks much better than he should......(at least he didn't say "big bottom" about the lady who bent over!). We LOVED staying in your darling, comfortable house where we were treated like royalty! You guys are a darling family. And the skirt is cute, Bryan is almost touching your bottom....... oh dear, get a room you two! Preferably in P-town. We miss you terribly!

Erin said...

Jen - we usually walk down the street with our hands in each others back pockets, so I'm totally used to it.

Heather said...

Erin,
Hello it's heather miller {wilson}
from H.S. I found your blog through Macy.. hope you don't care me peeking! Your family is darling & you still look so great! :)
Your little boy is too cute!!!!
So, you were living in Portland?? I'm in Washington.. I guess we just missed each other. My husband is doing residency there! 2 more years to go!! Then maybe fellowship so I've got a while!! :)
Hope everything is well!!

~heather
www.theredlifesavers.blogspot.com
P.S. I hope it is o.k. if I continue to peek.. I'm loving to blog!! :)

the medeiros family said...

Hey Erin,it's Ryan's sister, Julie. I found your blog via Mia's, Via the Bell's! Just thought I'd pop in and say Hi! It was so nice of you to do a shower for Tricia, I'm so glad I could be there! You, your family and your home are just beautiful! :)

my sunshine