Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh My Sweet Brooksy!






The move has been an adventure, to say the least. But a good adventure at that. I just can't wait to feel completely settled. It seems like there is an issue setting up nearly every utility and unfortunately, electronice equipment. But, despite the minor set-backs, our little Brooks has run around seemingly unharmed, until bedtime, that is. He started climbing out of the pack and play at my moms. Well, I just couldn't wait to get him in his crib, sure to have him trapped. However, much to my shagrin, he climed out of that as well.




Hesitantly, we took the bar off the crib, and he is sleeping in a pretty big boy bed right now. I couldn't figure out why I was so hesitant to do this, but after it happened, I realized how sad I was that he wasn't in a crib anymore. He's no longer my little baby. I cried.




I should have been crying for other reasons, not so sentimental. After hours holding the door closed and countless escapes we got a child lock for the inside of his door and he is making great strides. For two nights in a row he fell asleep in his bed, instead of the alternative.




I have learned an important lesson through all of this. Though he is seemingly fine and, I know, so resilliant, he has definitely been affected by the move. He misses the only home he's known. We quickly took him from his home, his room, and his favorite friends, which must have been so confusing. He just keeps asking when we are going to the 'hairport.'


But despite the changes, he is a happy boy. He runs around here like he owns the place and he loves seeing family and meeting new friends. He gets really excited to go to his 'news house.' I think his most favorite thing has been the overabundance of snowblowers on the street. He loves making snow angels and helping me shovel. And he loves to run up the sidewalk to the porch. He has yet to walk.


I look forward to the memories to be make on Kensington, and can't wait to see what Brooks has in store for us here on the Avenue.







10 comments:

Macy said...

That top picture is so darling , Erin. What a cutie he is. Kids are definitely effected, but the good and the bad part is Nothing Lasts.

We are so glad to have you on the Avenue!

Jen said...

OH! I love the house, the snowy pictures, and cute Brooks asleep on the floor! Molly got so excited to go to church on Sunday to see "Broots" but got so sad when I said, "remember, Molly, Brooks moved to Utah, he won't be at our church anymore." And, to that she replied, "Broots, Tata, not church?" She is catching on, too, but it still breaks her hea-ah-ah-ahrt. Mine too.

Phoebe said...

Erin, just get rid of beds all together. He can sleep on the floor. Think of all the space you'll save not having to have a bed in the room!

Kristen said...

I love those pictures of Brooks! Especially the top snowy one, what a sweetheart. And the one of him on the floor....priceless.
Your house is adorable (just like you), I absolutly LOVE it! Im so glad you are getting more settled, this time next month, you will be feeling pretty great I bet!

Fancy Nancy said...

WOW! What an awesome picture of Brooksie! He is so handsome! I love all the snowflakes and miss that. The house looks adorable and I am so excited I get to come see you and the house so soon! I wish you guys would come on an auddowa to the hairport. I still keep finding gibbits around, and Annie REALLY misses with play Brookie.

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

I think that the picture of Brooks sleeping on the floor looks a little too familiar. Finding the floor a comfortable place to spend the night must have come from his Aunt Paige.

The McClellan Clan said...

moving is hard on the little ones. When we moved from Oregon she said that she wanted to go home, and then she would talk about all her friends. And she would pretend to call them on the phone. It was the hardest thing. but he will get over it. But it breaks your heart. Hows utah treating you. And you guys moved during the most crazy winter, I think we have ever seen here in years!! I hope you guys are doing okay. It took me forever though. I still cry every now and then cause I truly miss all my friends in Oregon, and sometimes, I feel I won't ever meet anyone in utah like i did there!!! But every day it gets better!!! Good luck. Brooks is adorable, and looks so much like you!! Hey do you know how Carrie and Brinley are doing. I don't have her email address anymore. And I've tried to keep in touch, but haven't done as good as I'd like!! Let me know will ya!!

Raina said...

I love the pictures! What a cutie you have! I especially love the one with him on the floor sleeping. I'm with Phoebe.... save space.. who needs a bed when he's so comfy on the floor. I wish I could sleep like that.
We miss you tons here!!

Phoebe said...

I am ready for new pictures now.
Thank you.

Jim said...

Hi Erin!!
Sounds like quite the adventure getting out to UT! We have been thinking about you and hope things are going well. Brooks is such a little man! Bridger just started walking and things are REALLY getting fun. We miss you guys, and want to thank you for your friendship! You really made us feel welcome when we moved out here, so hope there is someone doing the same for you now.
Take Care!

my sunshine