Friday, December 19, 2008

The Christmas Sweaters




Bryan and I started dating the day after Thanksgiving and our first kiss was right at Christmastime. On the night of our first kiss, Bryan was wearing a new sweater. I must have commented on the sweater in front of my brothers and so the next morning when my brothers learned of our kiss, they swore it was the magic of the new sweater. Of course, Mike and Trent couldn't stop teasing me about our first kiss, but when Bryan walked in the next night in another new sweater, it was over. The comments about the next new sweater wouldn't stop. Kissing noises could be heard all around my house, "two little lovers sitting in a tree," and so on.

As our courtship continued Bryan received more sweaters and luckily, I received more kisses. New sweaters were noticed probably more than is humanly possible by two young boys. The best part was that Bryan would walk in the house and point out a new sweater to Mike and Trent then raise his eyebrows a few times. My brothers took to Bryan instantly, as did I.

Tonight is our 10 year anniversary. It seems like just yesterday I was awkwardly waiting around a Christmas tree for that very first kiss. I am so happy that still, 10 years later, the butterflies are there. Bryan is smart, handsome, honest, determined, a perfectionist and he grounds me, which is hard to do.

Happy Anniversary Bryan! Here's to the next 10 and here's to many more sweaters.

Love,
The luckiest girl alive.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey! Today is our anniversary too! We are now at 5 years! Congrats! You guys still look SO YOUNG and newlywedded!

Phoebe said...

So is Bryan getting a new sweater for Christmas?

Happy anniversary! Ten years flew by for us, too.

Jen said...

Happy 10th, you two. You are perfect for each other! Thanks for sharing the sweater story, it's darling!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

What a great milestone, guys. I lived with Bryan for several years, but I don't know if I ever would have made it to ten. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to his sweaters.

Congrats!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

cute little way of talking about your years together through his great sweaters. Congrats on 10 years! That is a big deal.

love, macy

Kristen said...

Cute story :) Happy 10 years!!

j and k said...

So cute! You two are perfect for each other and both the sweetest people ever. Happy 10 years, and many more years and sweaters to come!

Bryan said...

At last count, I have over 5,000 sweaters. Initially, I accumulated sweaters at about one thousand per year. But since then, the rate has decreased some. This year, I'll be lucky to get one new sweater for Christmas. Anyone willing to donate their sweaters to the cause?

Love,

Desperate for Sweaters

Fancy Nancy said...

Congrats! What a fabulous couple!

my sunshine