Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BFF's

I know I am not as cool as dad, but I play a mean game of memory. . .



When I go in to get Brooks in the morning, he is so disappointed that I'm not dad. All throughout the day, Brooks asks if dad will be home soon. When dad finally is home, Brooks often tells me to stay in the other room, "just me and dad are playing blocks."

Though I am shunned, daily, I am actually so happy to see this little union. They have become such great friends. This is the perfect stage for them to play together and I completely understand why Brooks wants to do everything like his new found favorite. . . his dad is the best! You think you love someone as much as you could, and then you watch him try to shoot rockets through the window with your two-year-old and realize you were wrong. How lucky can one girl get? I love you guys.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

cute! What handsome boys :)

Emily said...

I can relate!! Josh is and has ALWAYS been the favorite.... they are so close they need therapy !

Jen said...

My kids, too, love their dad the very best. We moms get to do all the work, they get all the glory, it sometimes seems a little unfair! But, I agree, there is nothing that endears your husband to you more that watching him turn into a great dad! Your boys are adorable in their vests and hats! I love it!

Macy said...

cute post, Erin. I love those little relationships. Cute guys!

Fancy Nancy said...

That picture is such a keeper! It is so good to have boys around, they truly keep life fun. Big B and little b really do look like best buds... like father like son!

Raina said...

I'm always a little bummed when I get shunned as well. At least, like you said, they are cute little friends. :D

j and k said...

Shunned is a backwards compliment. He knows you'll always be there for him, so he can take you for granted a little! Those boys are so cute together. What sweet little friends!

my sunshine