Saturday, January 12, 2008

Consumer Reports.

Well, as many of you know, I have had a lot of sleepless nights with much on my mind in preparation for the move. Last night, the thought that seemed to occupy most of my night was our phone service, strange, I know, but true! We use Vonage. I like it, Bryan does too, but he did give me quite a chuckle and funny face when I asked him about Vonage at 1:30 in the morning. I have a few concerns, however, it seems like it isn't 100%, all the time. But, maybe that's normal, with an internet phone, anyway.

I was just debating whether or not we should keep this service when we move to Utah. When I asked Bryan last night, he is up for it. I am just not sure if I am, all the time. What service do you use? Is it reliable and what would you recommend we do?

7 comments:

j and k said...

Erin...take a sleeping pill, ok? It's time to take a sleeping pill my friend...a sleeping pill.

Phoebe said...

David asked if we could switch to Vonage 100% of the time, but I am not looking for that kind of commitment. We have had some lapse in service as well, but it hasn't bothered me as much as it does David.

Jen said...

Is that the name of that carrier? I was under the impression that it was BONAGE. My bad. Jon is thrilled with our current service, but is not ruling out a switch in the near future.

Macy said...

Erin,
We have comcast here in SLC...it was in the bundle package with cable and internet. We have liked it, and haven't had any trouble. Vonage was tempting, but I did hear from a couple of people here that their service wasn't so hot all the time. It seems like their phone would go out sometimes, but that may have been when it was new and they probably worked out the kinks now. Who knows.

Fancy Nancy said...

We use Lingo, it is the same thing as Vonage, and we are happy with it. The service is great for short quick calls, or really long ones. Sometimes the service goes out, but if I jiggle the cords, take them out and plug them back in it seems to work great!

Jen said...

Sometimes I like it when my service goes out.

cryssal said...

Morse code is great too and it is always good to learn something new.

my sunshine