Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Things

It's raining on top of old, brownish, yucky snow dashing all desires to venture out. So even though we are stuck in the house, I thought I would share a few of my current favorites from right inside my very own abode. I suppose it doesn't have to be a beautiful day outside to enjoy some pretty things inside. I got this idea from designmom and I think it's a great way to beat the wintertime blues, for today anyway.



I just got this Linnea calendar for $8.00 at Tabularasa. I think February is sweet as can be.



Brooks has been a big helper this morning. He got himself sufficiently dressed(according to B.) and even made his bed all by himself.





And last but certainly not least, my favorite way to enjoy a gray day...a cup of hot chocolate. My recipe includes milk, chocolate syrup, vanilla and a touch of cinnamon
all swirled together into a frothy wonder by none other than my favorite Cocomotion.
And of course I had to add some whipped cream...it's raining!



So what is making you smile around your house today?

9 comments:

Macy said...

I am with you. On days like these all I want to do is curl up with a book or a good movie and hot cocoa and do nothing. Your house looks so cute and cozy. Your hot cocoa looks like you got it down at Cocoa cafe...looks so yummy! I might just come on over.

Aspen said...

Mmmmmm. . . I think I need to go have some hot chocolate. After all, it was raining here today too!

Phoebe said...

okay-my new fancy dishtowels from Target are giving me a smile to day. I am pretending like it is May over here instead of February.

Jen said...

Your post is what made me smile! Brooks on the bed, so cute that he made it. Max put his "big boys" on this morning too, and said, "all dressed," it must be a little boy thing! I have always coveted your cute Linnea calendars, one day I will pick one up for myself. They are really sweet! Oh, and hot chocolate? I can scarcely drink it without thinking of you! You are the hot cocoa queen! We miss you!

Kristen said...

I'd also say that your blog is my happy thing for the day :) Brooks is such a big boy, making his own bed..and I bet he shared some of your yummy hot chocolate too..was that cocoa motion? I miss it.

j and k said...

Brooks is getting so big! Geez! Cutest picture...I always love you amazing house. But, one question...why first off did you have to move away, and then why did you have to take the cocoamotion with you? So rude! Miss you!

Mike and Paige Burgin said...

I have to say the thing that made me smile last night was my nearly complete bathroom. Just need new linens, if you are at all interested in a little shopping expedition. :)
Thanks for the wonderful day on Saturday. I really needed that! Love you!

Unknown said...

Is Brooks really that big? Wow he is growing up! As for things that are making me happy, Brandon learned how to fold his arms, it is just so cute!

Raina said...

I made a new sandwich that was so yummy that it really made me smile! This is a GREAT post... and I love seeing that beautiful calendar! Great find!!!

my sunshine